Track the Lies

As I stepped onto my front stoop this morning,
the weather was perfect for physical activity
::and my apprehension about running for the first time just melted away.::

I was unable to get my music onto my new media device (returning it right now!),
::but it was nice to listen to the cars and lawn-mowing as I walked.
It was easy to keep track of the time with no music and no watch.::

Finished warming up-- I finally started jogging, and immediately
::felt awesome.  Why haven't I done this sooner?  It's so freeing!::

There were shouts in my direction from a rooftop on the route, and I thought
::"awesome, I'm being encouraged already.  'Hey' to you, too, stranger!"::

The run/walk method is definitely a good idea at this point,
::though I could probably run the race tomorrow if necessary.  I'm that good.::

Waiting until my mid-thirties to start running was the
::best decision I could have made -- luckily, I'm a natural runner and::
I'm not giving up.  This is still happening.

VITAL STATS:
Distance run: 1.4 miles
Current weight (approx): 150lbs

Comments

Popular Posts