Jenga Mornings

So it seems my years-long struggle with insomnia has temporarily ceased!  The quality of my sleep has worsened, but nighttime drowsiness and falling asleep are extremely consistent, as though my brain has given up with a Talmudic shrug: .לא משנה

I have a confession: I've been avoiding this spot because I don't want to admit...  I missed my scheduled run last Monday.  My careful house of cards has come crashing down and now I'll never run ag-- just kidding, it's fine and I've been sticking to my schedule otherwise, though I am even more acutely aware now of every little detail that needs to go perfectly in sequence in order for me to have a half-hour completely to myself.  Forget dominoes, this is Jenga: if a foundational part of the morning -- school dropoff! -- is changed, it's not like there's a slight hiccup until one starts the chain again; instead, it's a careening tower tornado that settles into slippers and Golden Grahams.  Golden Grahams are awesome and they have very little protein, so there.

VITAL STATS
Distance today: 1.7 miles
Total distance traveled:  71 miles

Comments

Popular Posts