Music Changes Everything

Five runs in-- still unpleasant, of course, but I have stacked the deck for my enjoyment:
  • the shoes are a major win; will definitely be returning to that store
  • comfortable running clothes: lightweight tops, compression pants, every item moisture-wicking!
  • a hard-boiled egg, an hour and a half before every run, is good protein
  • my muuusic!! all the music, with "sports earbuds," like I do sports.  😁
Music especially improves my run time 300%.  I can't hear my clodhopper feet pounding because Gwen Stefani is making noise in a rhythmic fashion...
PLUS: I know the exact time of every song on my beginner playlist, so there's no more anxiety with guessing how long a minute is (I'm run/walking with no sense of time! Running minutes feel much slower than walking minutes! It's anarchy!).

I got a battery for my scale, which means no more approximate poundage.  The more I think about it, the more I don't want to think about it, so I might not include it on every post.  More to the point, my hydration game is ON POINT.


VITAL STATS
Distance today: 1.0 miles  (it was raining!)
Total distance traveled:  7.4 miles
Current weight: 153lbs

Comments

Popular Posts