Milestones and Barriers

I never posted about last week's vacation run!-- probably because my main audience is my mother and she was totally there.  (Hi, Mom!)  It was an evening run on hills with a partner, everything my usual workout is not, and although it was a full mile longer than anticipated, I did not collapse.  #winning

As the title of this post suggests, I've been hitting firsts and other milestones left and right, but that's very easy to do when one is starting from Zero.  I have now:
* carried on a conversation while running
* run with a partner
* run on hills
* upped my warm-up distance in the same amount of time
* attained my very short-term distance goal (minimum two miles in an outing)
* spent birthday money on running gear  😎

I have also hit my first Running Wall: using the run/walk method, I have been able to run three minutes and walk two-- and then have not been able to run for another three minutes again, no matter how long a break I give myself between attempts.  Downshifting to two-and-two for another week while still giving myself fifteen minutes...

VITAL STATS
Distance today: 0.0 miles  (I love weekends)
Total distance traveled:  14.5 miles

Comments

Popular Posts